Market-leading legal advice and support to the pharmacy sector in England and Wales
What we do
Our work typically involves:
- Sale and purchase of existing pharmacy businesses;
- Transfer of un-opened pharmacy contracts;
- Joint ventures between pharmacists and other healthcare professionals;
- Applying for, or objecting to, new pharmacy contracts;
- Business structuring for pharmacies;
- Leasing, buying and selling pharmacy premises (including health centre developments);
- Employment issues within pharmacies.
Our track record
Our pharmacy lawyers have advised on over 200 pharmacy acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures in the last few years from Northumberland to Kent (including the occasional Welsh fishing village). No transaction is too small or too large for us; our pharmacy solicitors have advised on transactions with values as little as £5,000 (for an un-opened 100-hour contract sale) all the way up to large deals of nearly £20 million. As a result of this, our pharmacy lawyers have been described on many occasions as being "market leaders" by clients, banks, valuers and even other lawyers.
Who we act for
We love to work with owner-managed pharmacies, from locums who are making their first pharmacy acquisition to experienced mid-level groups of up to 50 branches. Developing close relationships with our clients, helping them grow and seeing the difference that we can make to their businesses is what we enjoy doing most.