This is an exciting time at Shulmans. Already recognised as a full service UK 200 corporate Law firm, our continued success and organic growth means our position continues to strengthen in the market.
Our QCAS division provides specialist volume conveyancing services to the leading businesses in the UK lending, estate agency and house-building industries. We use the latest technology, combined with a commitment to delivering excellent service, to ensure speed and value for our clients and their customers.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for supervision of a team of remortgage caseworkers and assistants, who handle a volume caseload of remortgage instructions. You will be responsible for the day to day line management of the team, coaching, supporting and motivating them to achieve deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Motivate and lead the team to ensure that an excellent service is delivered to borrowers and lenders. This will include assessing priorities, organising work schedules and directing resources according to business need;
- Be an integral part of our performance management processes such as undertaking probationary reviews and annual appraisals;
- Investigate performance management concerns, working with managers and partners where appropriate to ensure that they are addressed;
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to others;
- Assist with the recruitment process, which may include helping identify colleagues for promotion to the remortgage team as well as short-listing and interviewing external candidates for vacancies;
- Identify and support on-going training and development requirements;
- Assist with the teams caseloads if necessary when team members are absent to ensure workloads are managed effectively;
- Where necessary liaise with the client and borrower and other external parties;
- Monitor and assist the administration team in the post completion process (ensuring the client’s charge is secured as a first legal charge);
- Liaise closely with the Quality and Technical Advisor on technical and customer service issues where necessary;
- Provide management information and reporting on all aspects of remortgage activity; and
- Attend all appropriate internal and external events, seminars and conferences;
What we are looking for
You will have proven, extensive experience within a remortgage environment, and full understanding of each part of the remortgage process. You will be target driven, with the proven ability to manage and motivate a team to achieve targets within a demanding environment. With a "can do" attitude, you will be proactive and be able to lead the team with an enthusiastic approach.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Experience of working at team leader level, preferably within a volume case management environment;
- Sufficient experience and credibility to motivate, coach and manage others;
- Proven communicator with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Commercially astute with a proven ability to think and act strategically;
- Committed to delivering excellence;
- High professional and personal standards;
- Ability to drive a number of projects and initiatives simultaneously;
- Focused on results and target driven, with a track record in supporting business growth;
- Ability to handle pressure and work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent presentation skills (both written and oral) and
- Proficient IT skills; experience of case management systems would be an advantage.
High attention to detail and accuracy is essential in this role, along with excellent IT skills and knowledge of case management systems.
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with covering letter outlining your salary requirements to Lucy Ward, at email@example.com