Our forward-thinking team has significant experience in both the traditional forms of dispute resolution, together with all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution including mediation and expert determination. Our work takes us into the courts, arbitration proceedings, Tribunals and adjudication proceedings before the Land Registry Adjudicator. Our clients range from commercial and residential landlords and tenants to developers and individuals.
We are now seeking to recruit a Property Litigation Solicitor, ideally between NQ and 3PQE to complement our busy team of committed and hard-working lawyers. The post-holder will be expected to assume a key supporting role on a range of property related problems and dispute resolution matters for a range of clients including occupiers, investors, developers and private individuals. This is likely to include involvement in all aspects of property disputes such as Dilapidations, Landlord and Tenant Act proceedings, rights of way and other contentious property issues along with property management issues including lease renewals and landlord and tenant disputes. Key activities are likely to include:
- Provide legal support and advice to clients on all aspects of property litigation work including, arrears recovery, repossessions, support for managing agents and landlords, opposed and unopposed lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, boundary disputes, adverse possession, easements and development issues, dilapidation claims and forfeiture etc;
- Provide legal support to colleagues and their clients in other unit’s such as Commercial Property, Debt Recovery and other transactional teams on contentious property matters, as appropriate;
- Taking responsibility for and ensure that all files and letters of engagement etc. are compliant with SRA regulatory requirements;
- Providing advice on costs and funding including the provision of costs estimates as appropriate; and
- Researching points of evidence/law/procedure/precedents.
Key skills and experience
The successful candidate will need to be a new or recently qualified Solicitor though this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role. Proven contentious or commercial property experience is important, preferably gained within a property/real estate environment. In addition, we are also seeking:
- A commercially focused approach to work;
- Proven drafting and project management skills;
- Target driven with a proven record of achieving demanding fee-earning targets and effectively managing WIP;
- A strong commitment to client care, with proven experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients, contacts etc;
- A well organised and methodical approach to work, used to digital dictation and competent with Microsoft Office and able to delegate work effectively to others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high professional and personal standards; and
- Experience of working within a team environment and of supporting others.
If you are interested in this position, committed to your career and looking to join a progressive firm, please give our HR Manager, Neil Towse, a call, or email him at email@example.com.