The role is to provide maternity leave cover for approximately 9 months, to 31 December 2018.
Under the day-to-day guidance of the Technical and Liaison Manager, the post-holder will provide an important supporting role within the Plot Sales team, ensuring that a first class legal service is provided to our clients. The role will focus on:
- Dealing with the purchase and re-sale of part-exchange (P/X) properties and associated technical support to our regional and national house builder clients;
- Managing a full caseload of files (from start to finish) relating to P/X acquisitions and sales under the supervision of the Technical and Liaison Manager and the Head of Plot Sales Unit;
- For P/X acquisitions, normal day-to-day duties will cover title checking properties, raising appropriate enquiries, drafting transfers and carrying-out Searches. Where necessary and appropriate, responding and managing the replies received, raising appropriate further enquiries and completing Stamp Duty requirements and registration of title, together with requisitions raised by the Land Registry; and
- For P/X sales, files will be managed from reservation to completion. This will include drafting contracts and replying to enquiries raised by the buyers’ Solicitors and undertaking exchange of contracts and completions.
Required skills and experience
The successful candidate should have:
- Sufficient knowledge and experience in order to be able to undertake the duties above. This must include the ability to Title Check, to carry out Investigation of Title and to conduct Searches (and being able to interpret the results);
- Previous expertise and/or current knowledge of FENSA and electrical and gas regulations and/or current knowledge of planning/building requirements for alteration to properties will be useful; and
- Previous experience of working within a plot sales or a conveyancing environment, in particular a proven working knowledge of documents, processes and terminology will be important as will previous experience of working in a volume-driven, demanding and pressurised environment.
We are seeking someone who is target-focused, with experience of working to SLA’s, KPI’s or other similar benchmarks of performance.
The successful candidate must be a team player, who has an accurate and methodical approach to work, ensuring that processes and procedures are followed correctly.
Finally, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to client care and to providing a friendly and helpful service who is able to create and build a rapport with clients and contacts alike.
If you meet the criteria above, and are interested in working for one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of your current salary in this role to Neil Towse, HR Manager. Email: email@example.com