Legal services tailored to sport, designed for winning
The sports industry is diverse, complex and competitive. Our experienced and knowledgeable lawyers have the capabilities to provide advice on a range of legal, commercial and regulatory issues affecting those working and playing in the sports industry.
Our clients range from multinational sports brands, high profile football clubs and managing agents to local sports clubs, organisations and governing bodies. We are very much focused on the business-end of sport, but often act for professional athletes as well.
Our expertise and reputation is demonstrated by our ever increasing client list, and we have developed particular specialisms across a range of different sports including; boxing, golf, football, rugby, cricket and darts.
We are ranked in the Legal 500 for our sports work.
- Commercial Contracts & Arrangements
- Sports Regulation, Governance & Administration
- Data Protection Audit & Compliance
- Sports Technology, Digital and Media
- Sponsorship & Endorsement
- Intellectual Property Management & Brand Protection
- Property Management and Telecoms
Recent Examples of Work
- We acted for the commercial arm of a professional sports governing body in respect of their promotional and events management requirements including a major international tournament which included advice, negotiation and drafting of commercial arrangements around branding, broadcasting rights, advertisement and sponsorship with a major television channel provider.
- We act for a number of golf clubs advising on corporate and governance issues including incorporation structure (limited by shares, guarantees or CICs) , shareholders’ agreements, constitutional documents, policies including assistance with FCA Regulation and consumer credit compliance surrounding regulated membership and funding arrangements with members.
- We act for sports management and promotion companies in football and boxing, providing advice, negotiation and drafting of commercial documentation including management, consultancy, promotional and sponsorship agreements.
- We provide specialist property portfolio management on behalf of sports organisations including Championship and League football clubs, rugby, golf and cricket clubs, including telecom mast removal, lease renewals and redevelopment advice.
- We acted on behalf of several sports clubs relating to a ground breaking group litigation action regarding an attempted network consolidation by two major telecoms operators, successfully securing long term income for our clients.
- Acting on behalf of sports technology supplier and operator of digital out-of-home advertising and interactive digital marketing solutions at sports grounds and stadiums and global sports brands in respect of supply and distribution agreements.
- We currently provide award winning debt collection services to global sports brands and sports technology companies.
- Our intellectual property and commercial litigation team acted for one of the world’s leading sports memorabilia companies providing advice in respect of its intellectual property and licencing requirements across its global supply and distribution chain and the negotiation of a favourable settlement with a Premiership football club relating to a dispute.
- Providing intellectual property and corporate structure advice for a sports technology start-up creating a social platform to enabling a global network for players, clubs, governing bodies and professional athletes to engage and arrange events across the world.
- Providing intellectual property and brand protection support for a sports tech and clothing manufacturer in respect of its trade marks and advising on the commercial impacts of its products with its UK and European customer base.