Please click on the title of the seminar to download the related presentation.
Getting paid and on time - Aimed at contractors, sub-contractors and consultants, this seminar provided insight into making sure payments will be made, covering topics including contractual mechanisms for payment, claims for payment, how to secure payment and the latest updates on the relevant case law.
This seminar focused on the following areas:
- How to secure payment under JCT and NEC contracts;
- Being aware of and using the most recent case law to your advantage;
- Payment provisions: the rights to payment, adequate payment mechanisms, payment notices, payless notices and suspension;
- Payment security: letters of intent, project bank accounts, escrow accounts and direct payments;
- Claims for payment, contractual claims and adjudications;
- Insolvency: how to protect against insolvency, Performance Bonds and Parent Company Guarantees.
NEC4 Contracts Breakfast Seminar
Phil Morrison, Head of Construction at Shulmans LLP, and Damian Wilkinson, Director at Quantum Expert Solutions Ltd hosted a breakfast seminar on NEC4 Contracts. NEC Contracts have played a key role in the success of projects ranging from significant infrastructure investments to national maintenance contracts and supply.
The aim of the course was to enable participants to:
- Understand the philosophy of NEC and the spirit of neutral trust and collaboration
- Recognise contracts within the NEC suite and when they might be used
- Describe key features of NEC Contracts such as early warning, the programme and compensation events
- Understand the new and updated features of the NEC4