Helen is a Partner within Shulmans’ highly-regarded Property Litigation team, who are specialists in the proactive management of risks and the resolution of disputes associated with occupying and owning commercial property.
Helen’s property dispute experience is broad reaching, and encompasses in-depth technical knowledge of lease documentation, the law of dilapidations and complex contractual claims.
Helen also has extensive experience advising landowners in relation to telecommunication agreements and, in particular, dealing with the removal of telecoms apparatus from land and buildings for redevelopment.
Helen brings her technical grasp to bear on a wide range of property-related issues, including:
- Landlord and tenant disputes, such as, business leases renewals and terminations, dilapidations and tenant insolvency.
- Unlocking development potential, by way of site clearance and the preparation and service of option and break notices.
- Forfeiture and possession claims, including trespass and traveller evictions.
- Complex breach of contract claims, including, advising on the determination of price under land options.
Helen advocates a proactive approach to the management of risks associated with the ownership and occupation of property.
Helen’s sensible commercial outlook and early engagement is appreciated by her clients, who recognise her diligence and commitment to achieving swift and effective results.
- Crown Properties Group
- Trust Inns
- Millfield Estates Limited
- Saint-Gobain and Jewson
Helen also presents CPD seminars for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and runs in-house training for clients.
Helen is a member of the Property Litigation Association, Revo (formerly known as the BCSC - British Council of Shopping Centres) and the Pyramus and Thisbe Club.
She also leads on the firm’s support of the Leeds Community Foundation through her membership with the Leeds 100 Club.