Sarah is a lawyer who advises a range of businesses on commercial arrangements, and in relation to IT, IP and data protection issues.
Sarah brings valuable business insight to her commercial clients, having had considerable international experience whilst working in-house for global brand PepsiCo.
Sarah’s focus is on drafting and negotiating commercial and IT contracts, advising on technology issues, and advising on the protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights.
In addition, Sarah has a particular interest in data protection issues with a focus on the education sector, including advising on subject access requests, data breaches and providing legal support to data protection officers.
Sarah’s experience includes advising on the following:
- Preparing standard form documents for businesses, for example standard terms of sale, standard terms of purchase, confidentiality agreements, software licence terms and services agreements;
- Drafting documentation for more bespoke arrangements such as framework supply agreements and value added reseller agreements;
- Reviewing terms provided by a third party in order to give clients a view on the level of risk posed, or in advance of more detailed negotiations;
- Assisting with contract negotiations, including negotiating on behalf of clients and providing behind the scenes support for negotiations carried out by clients;
- Advising on new products and services, including advice on the contractual arrangements which need to be put in place to support the offering, IP protection, the terms on which the product or service is made available to end users and associated data protection issues;
- Advising on data protection issues, including carrying out data protection audits, advising on subject access requests and drafting responses to such requests;
- Advising on agreements with international aspects such as master service agreements, distribution and agency agreements.
Clients say, “The service received was excellent, particularly as the necessary action was required within a very short space of time. Sarah was very thorough, and professional throughout all conversations, and she explained the process to me clearly.”
Sarah is a member of the Society for Computers and Law.
Sarah leads the firm’s relationship with the Shine Project which aims to empower young women, delivering workshops on key skills and helping them to consider a career in law.