We are seeking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join our busy, successful and award-winning Commercial Property Unit.
Our ideal candidate must be familiar with all aspects of Commercial Property work, in particular utilising Land Registry online services, transfers and undertaking searches (Companies House and property online searches).
The role involves providing an efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to two lawyers in particular, but also to the Commercial Property team as a whole. Key duties will include:
- Audio typing (using Big Hand digital dictation) and copy typing of documents and correspondence using various Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.;
- Assisting lawyers with day to day administrative matters as required, including:
- Opening new files, closing files and archiving;
- File management; and
- Providing effective diary management e.g. making appointments, arranging meetings, maintaining diaries etc.;
- Supporting the monthly billing procedures and other Accounts tasks;
- Communicating effectively with other teams and with clients; and
- Provide assistance to other teams within the firm.
Key skills and attributes
You must have proven IT skills, in particular excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and be proficient with its advanced features such as styles, automatic and outline numbering, track changes etc. Knowledge of Excel is also desirable.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in their spelling and grammar and take personal pride in producing work of a high quality.
It is essential to have a strong commitment to client care and to providing a friendly and helpful service to colleagues and to be able to build a strong rapport with clients and other business contacts.
You must have a professional approach to work and enjoy a busy workload. You will need to demonstrate initiative, be proactive, possess good organisational skills and, most importantly, you will enjoy working as part of a team.
If you meet the criteria above, and are interested in working for one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of your current salary in this role to Neil Towse, HR Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org