Our double award-winning commercial property department, which forms part of Shulmans’ real estate offering, is responsible for advising and supporting clients with planning and managing major property developments, managing a portfolio or estate, investing in property and using property assets to raise funds.
We are keen to hear from qualified solicitors who are around 3 and 5 years' PQE.
You will be expected to assume a key supporting role to our existing team of lawyers in managing their caseload of commercial property work in addition to carrying out work on your own caseload of files.
In doing so, you will work in the following disciplines:
- Commercial development;
- Landlord and tenant (business);
- Commercial investment acquisitions and disposals;
- Portfolio work;
- Estate management; and
- Property finance.
In supporting other members of the commercial property team, you will be researching points of law, precedents and related requirements, providing appropriate summary notes and draft responses.
Providing clients with first-class advice, guidance and support should be at the heart of everything you do.
Key skills and experiences
We are keen to hear from qualified solicitors who are between three and five years’ post-qualified experience (though this does not preclude someone with more or less qualified experience), who have a broad background of experiences in commercial property work and can demonstrate their team-playing abilities.
To be successful, all our lawyers should possess:
- A commercially-focused approach to work;
- Proven commercial development experience;
- Proven drafting skills;
- A collaborative and supportive approach to working with others;
- A strong commitment to client care, with proven experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients, contacts and colleagues;
- A well-organised and methodical approach to work; being used to digital dictation and competent with Microsoft Office, as well as able to delegate work effectively to others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with high professional and personal standards; and
- Experience of working within a team environment and of supporting others.
If you meet the criteria above, and are interested in working for a leading and progressive corporate law firm, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of your current salary in this role, to Neil Towse, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.