This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy team in a thriving and award-winning law firm.
Our private client services team provide a range of services that cover the personal legal needs of individuals, such as wills, probate and trusts, powers of attorney and conveyancing/remortgages.
The post-holder will provide support and assistance to the Head of Private Client Services in order to deliver a first-class service to our clients.
The normal caseload of client files will comprise freehold and leasehold sale/purchase transactions and private client matters including wills, estate administration, trusts and lasting powers of attorney (LPA).
The role involves a variety of tasks, which will usually include:
- A client-facing role dealing with the day-to-day running of a caseload of conveyancing files, with reference to the Head of Private Client Services on technical matters;
- Liaising effectively and appropriately with clients, lenders, solicitors and other parties;
- Applying for and reviewing searches;
- Reviewing mortgage offers;
- Dealing with correspondence or communications;
- Drafting completion statements;
- Processing the administration tasks involved in a sale and purchase transaction, to include post completion and stamp duty formalities; and
- Preparation of sale contracts and other documents.
Required skills and experience
The successful candidate should have:
- At least twelve months’ experience of assisting on a caseload of sale and purchase matters;
- Proven IT skills, in particular experience of using a case management system;
- An organised and methodical approach to work; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience of dealing with high-net-worth individuals would be also be desirable.
If you meet the criteria above, and are interested in working for one a leading corporate law firms, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of your current salary in this role, to Neil Towse, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.