This role will be key to the success of our software development process and will primarily involve producing test plans, executing test plans and delivering usability tests, ensuring that the quality of the workflow and software delivered is to the expected standard.
We are based within Wellington Place, a new and exciting development for business and leisure situated in the heart of Leeds Business District.
The role and key responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Business Analysts, Development Team and internal stakeholders to define application testing needs, test resource planning and desired outcomes, ensuring activities are documented in a structured and auditable manner;
- Plan testing methodology, including writing and executing test plans, writing and executing test scripts, running manual and automated tests, and reviewing documentation;
- Undertake the testing and QA of new and modified software, including functional, integration, regression and performance testing, while balancing multiple projects at one time;
- Provide feedback to the Development Team, Business Analysts and non-technical colleagues;
- Ensure Shulmans’ values and working practices are followed and supported, particularly planning, communication, implementation and delivery; and
- Liaise with external third party vendors for application architecture and design.
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience of testing and implementation of legal CMS (Case Management Systems) workflow and automation;
- Proven experience in effectively communicating with stakeholders and management;
- Proven experience in process and systems analysis;
- Analysis experience with legal workflow platforms (BT Tikit Partner 4 Windows advantageous);
- SQL data query and SQL development knowledge is advantageous;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of test management and defect tracking tools; and
- ISTQB or equivalent (desirable).
Our ideal candidate is a confident and effective communicator who is able to accurately explain solutions in an appropriate manner in order to effectively translate technical terminology into plain English.
You will be capable of building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues at all levels, and utilise a flexible and adaptable approach to working patterns, adjusting hours to meet the demands of the business and travelling to suppliers and development partner sites as necessary.
Shulmans offers an open and inclusive working environment in modern landmark offices based in the centre of Leeds. We are committed to improving IT services for the business and its end users and we place technology at the forefront of our business.
We offer a wide range of benefits including a healthcare plan, pension, bonus schemes, travel assistance amongst many others, including access to the benefits of working within the Wellington Place Community.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in working for one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of your current salary in this role, to the recruitment team at email@example.com