Legal expertise to help you manage your workforce
Our specialist team provides tailored advice relating to all aspects of employment issues. More particularly, we tackle all matters relating to senior leadership changes, such as: succession planning; board changes and disputes; senior executive performance processes and removal; and shareholder and director disputes.
We have particular expertise in the following sectors:
Why should you trust us?
Our specialist team have a 40-year proven track record of being the “go to” and “trusted advisers” of many established regional and national businesses.
We aim to give our clients the best service we can by taking time to know you, your business and what you need.
Our objective with all our clients is to ensure that your key contact within our team knows you and your business and is always there to help you make swift, well thought-out, clear and commercial solutions to your people resource issues.
Ian Dawson has been involved in the following reported cases:
- The Court of Appeal decision in Secretary of State for Trade and Industry v Bottrill  IRLR 326
- EAT case of Oakland v Wellswood (Yorkshire) Limited UK EAT/0395/08
- Sturdy v Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust ET/1803960/07
Some of our areas of expertise are set out below.
Bespoke on-site training
We also offer on-site, bespoke training tailored to your specific business needs. These workshops, often delivered to HR practitioners and management teams, include real-life scenarios and are aimed at imparting information on both the practical as well as legal aspects of a particular area.
At each of these workshops we will provide follow-up guides, allowing managers and HR practitioners to benefit from a summary of key steps and learning points for each topic covered.
We deliver training in the following areas:
- Reorganisations and redundancies
- Recruitment and selection processes
- TUPE and contract transfers
- Performance management strategies
- Sickness management processes
- Disciplinary procedures
- Grievance procedures
- Equal opportunities training