06 October 2016
Shulmans has a ball!
On Friday 30 September, Shulmans hosted its first-ever charity ball, for the benefit of Yorkshire Cancer Research, our ‘Charity of the Year’.
The event, held at the Marriott Hotel in Leeds, was a private black-tie dinner organised for Shulmans colleagues and their families and friends.
Based in Harrogate, Yorkshire Cancer Research aims to help people in and around Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer.
This was a very enjoyable event. As one guest put it: “The atmosphere was really good, relaxed and happy – and very inclusive. The opening dance routine [performed by one member of staff] will live long in the memory, as will the evening itself. It was all for a great cause, and it was really good to have the Chief Executive of Yorkshire Cancer Research (and his colleague, Stephanie) with us too.”
Another commented: “I thought Friday night was a triumph. Extremely enjoyable and successful, with a really good atmosphere; a huge amount of energy, resource and thoughtfulness went into it. We had an excellent time.”
Local businesses kindly donated items which were used for raffle and auction prizes: Ballet Princess Birthdays, Belles & Beau, Buca Di Pizza, Experience Days, The Exposure Lounge, Jester Print, Leeds Rhinos, The Marriott Hotel, Sociable Folk, Whiteley Hair Studio and Shulmans. Amongst the prizes generously provided were the following:
- An Experience Days voucher (https://www.experiencedays.co.uk/charity-scheme)
- £100 worth of Trinity vouchers
- Tickets to a Leeds Rhinos match, with the opportunity to meet the players afterwards
- ‘Tutto Per Ventidue’ meal for two at Buca Di Pizza
- A magnum of Moet Champagne
- A vintage bottle of Moet Champagne
- A £20 voucher from Whiteley Hair Studio
- A large box of Butlers Chocolates
- A princess party appearance from Ballet Princess Birthdays
- £30 worth of vouchers from Sociable folk
Thank you to our Shulmans colleagues and local businesses for their support to this worthwhile charity. Altogether, over £1,300 were raised!
Shaun Carter from The Exposure Lounge (http://www.theexposurelounge.com) provided the photography for this event.
If you wish to support Yorkshire Cancer Research, please visit http://yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk/.